Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

What's Your GTL?


I don't watch MTV's Jersey Shore (ok....I've watched the first episode) but I am familiar with their famous saying "GTL" which stands for "Gym, Tan and Laundry."  The personalities on Jersey Shore insist that they must accomplish these three tasks everyday in "order to meet your maximum potential".  Hilarious.

I asked Makoto what his GTL is and without blinking, he replied "Sh*t, Shower and Shave".  So simple and so honest....I envy his uncomplicated thought pattern.

This lead me to think of what my own "GTL" is........and this is what I came up with...SPP.

1.  S - Skincare.  I'm obsessed with skincare and healthy skin.  The state of your skin reflects on your overall health.  I can't start or end the day without my proper skincare routine.  Sleeping with makeup on...UGH.  Not only does it clog your pores, but taking off your makeup and removing a days worth of pollution, dirt and sweat is so cleansing for the soul as well! 

2.  P - Protein. - My patients are all very familiar with my protein talk.  Protein helps to stabilize your body's release of glucose (do you feel like crapola mid afternoon and feel like you either want to take a nap or pick a fight with your co-worker...if yes, you are probably not getting enough protein in your breakfast and lunch).  Whether you have allergies, auto-immune conditions or just want to lose some weight, protein is your friend!! Now, this doesn't mean that you need to snack on big chunks of steak....how about a nice cold glass of soy milk, adding coconut milk to your smoothie, snacking on some roasted pumpkin seeds and pecans or having quinoa salad for lunch. 

3.  P- Pray.  I think I'm verging on annoying God.  Whether it's to keep my family healthy, happy and safe, help me help my patients, give me strength when I'm feeling low, be thankful for when I'm feeling grrrrrrrrrrrreat or help me not to freak out on Makoto....I talk to God....a lot.  For me, it's my form of grounding, coping and meditation.  It reminds me that there is more out there than the present.

What's your GTL?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails