Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Chocolate Makes Me Very Happy - Where to Find Healthy Chocolate in Toronto


I loooooooooooooooove chocolate.  Makoto, on the otherhand, is an alien from Pluto and thinks that chocolate is "just okay". 

I vividly remember how on one of our earliest dates, Makoto made me dinner.  After enjoying his delicious Thai curry and mango salad, I excitedly anticipated dessert.  He came out of the kitchen with two big bowls....of organic blueberries topped with organic amber maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon.  I watched him grin at me between big bites of blueberries and wondered when he would bring out the big piece of chocolate cake that these blueberries were suppose to top.  It never happened.

It was then and there that I realized that it was up to me to teach him about the bliss that chocolate is and I knew exactly how to do it.  One trip to Soma Chocolatemaker in the Distillery is all it tooked to get Makoto hooked.  www.somachocolate.com

Soma is an artisan chocolate maker that makes small batches of chocolate directly from the cocoa bean.  They have several dairy free, organic and fair trade chocolate items.  You can find anything from 100% chocolate bars (Arcana - no sugar added allowing us to taste what chocolate is in it's true form) to the best chocolate covered raisins EVER (tumbled in 40% cocoalatte). 

If you do visit, you MUST try:
1.  Mayan Hot Chocolate - AAAAAAAAAMAZING.  It seriously cured my winter blues.
2.  Dairy free Sorbets - The Strawberry Mint and Blueberry Basil are To. Die. For.
3.  Chocolate dipped Orange Peels.  Too deelish.

Grab a dairy free sorbet or an antioxidant packed dark chocolate bar, sit out in the sun and savour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails