Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My last summer as a 20-something year old


A couple of weekends ago, Makoto planned a day of fun to celebrate my 29.5 birthday.  I'm turning 30 in the new year which means I am now enjoying my last summer as a 20 something year old.  Suddenly I feel this cheesy urge to start clubbing again to "get it out of my system".  When does the transition happen when we go from dancing all night to amazing (and sometimes even not-so-amazing) music at clubs to drinking $20 cocktails at posh hotel lounges for fun?  I told Makoto this and he was right there for me, even finding his old university backpack that would secretly house a 12-pak and has secret built in compartments for attaching straws.


Then we remembered our last outing to some random club and how our conversation upon arrival went a little something like this:


Makoto:  I think the air quality in here is pretty poor.
Me:  Whoa....the music is so loud.....do you think this is bad for my ears?
Makoto:  Well...at least we'll be getting our cardio in tonight.


As my 16yo cousin would say, LAME-SAUCE!  We still have a great time going dancing and ending the night with a mandatory 3am meal in Chinatown from time to time but we realize that our gong show clubbing days are behind us.  I must say that my favorite nights are the ones I spend talking and laughing the night away with Makoto and our beloved family and friends no matter where we are. 


As much as I loved my 20s, I am incredibly excited to move into my 30s and leave behind certain insecurities, self doubt and certainly some bad fashion choices (listen up Asian girls...we should NEVER streak our hair blonde...ever).


One thing I am much more in tune with is my health and my body.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm just "getting older" and more sensitive to things that I use to be able to easily overcome or whether I'm just not tolerating certain discomforts any longer.  Either way, I know it feels good to take care of myself and I'm a much more happier and peaceful person when I do.

I know I still have a lot to learn....but I'm looking forward to it.....and I will forever be the first girl on the dance floor at any good party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails