Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How Our Cleaning Lady Helped Cure My Adrenal Fatigue


I must admit that I'm lucky that Makoto is a pretty clean dude.  Buuuuuuttt....we still have different tolerances to what we think "clean" is...Makoto's being much higher than mine. 

One luxury that we both equally agreed to splurge on was a cleaning lady (ok....Makoto suggested it after a Saturday afternoon where I tried to teach him my toothbrush scrubbing technique for perfectly clean shower tiles).

I can't begin to tell you what a relief it is to not have to start Saturdays with my cleaning to do list.  I've talked to several people who are on the fence about getting a cleaning lady...mostly because they think it is a splurge/luxury and that they really could/should just do the cleaning themselves.  In the end, it costs us $120 a month (3 x $20/hr every two weeks)...that's roughly $4 a day for sparkling clean bathrooms and kitchen, shiny clean floors, dust-free surfaces, fresh linens and no more arguing over who's cleaning the black crud out of the oven.
 
Some tips:
1.  The best way to find a cleaning lady is by referals through people you trust.  This may take time but its so worth it to completely trust your cleaning lady/gentleman :).  After all, she/he is coming into not just your house, but your home.
2.  Don't be afraid to make a list of exactly what you would like for them to accomplish within the given time.  Of course, be reasonable.
3.  Supply plenty of natural, chemical free cleaners, cloths and recycled paper towels!!  Check from time to time to make sure they have everything they need and encourage them to write you notes if they have requests for any new products/supplies.

Of course we still do light cleaning throughout the weeks in between but the extra help has decreased stress in my life and freed up my precious weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails