Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Flourless Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies - You Only Need 4 Ingredients!

When I was 11 years old, my parents moved our family to Rosetown, Saskatchewan. My sister and I were the only Asian kids in...well...Saskatchewan. I kid, I kid. But we were, no joke, the only two Asian kids in Rosetown, Saskatchewan.

We lived there for just under two years and some of my best childhood memories are from playing in the giant grain piles at my friend's farms and going to the harvest festivals. The farmer's markets were also out of control....I remember my mom buying a huge bucket of organic zucchinis for 25 cents.

My first introduction to baking was during one of my first classes in Grade 7 when I realized I was enrolled in Home Economics on crack. These girls were baking peach cobblers from scratch and sewing their own custom designed pyjamas on our FIRST day of class. I made a giant (burnt) cookie with Smarties and a pin cushion (roughly in the shape of a heart) for my mom. Thankfully, my little girlfriends and our teacher took me under their wings and taught me all the secret baking tricks and tips that their grandmothers had taught them from birth.
To this day, I absolutely love baking. It's something I do to relax!  The tricky part is making my favorite recipes into healthier versions.

Here is my gluten, dairy and egg free (vegan) Peanut Butter Cookie recipe….health conscious or not, you’ll love this moist and delicious cookie!

Flourless Vegan Peanut Butter cookies

1 cup Peanut butter (or any nut butter...try pumpkin, sunflower, or a mix)
¼ cup Extra firm tofu, blended (use a hand blender for convenience)
2/3 cup Brown sugar
½ tsp Sea salt

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix all ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
3. Drop by Tbsp full on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 9min.
5. Let cool completely and enjoy with a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails