Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Something That is ALWAYS a Good Idea


I realized that I have never once left the gym unhappy.  Going to the gym is ALWAYS a good idea!!!  Makoto despises the fact that I over use the words alwaaaaaaaaaaays (and neeeeever) but I really do think that going to the gym is always a good idea.  Although, it's important to learn how to adjust what activities you do at the gym for your mood and how your body is feeling.

After having dinner on Friday night, Makoto and I were still determined to go for a late night workout.  This seemed almost impossible after our 2nd glass of wine and a very satisfying dinner.  BUT, at around 10pm, we somehow found ourselves at our gym.

I usually have a hairy canary when Makoto suggests going to the gym at night because it usually means that it'll take me too long to wind down and go to sleep.  What I have since figured out is that I shouldn't feel pressured to have a high intensity workout every single time I go to the gym.  My night workouts usually include a nice little walk on the treadmill (20min) followed with stretch exercises on the mat (15-20min).....followed by an awesome 20min eucalyptus steam room pow wow with my locker room crew!  Even if you are too exhausted to have a mini workout, go stretch.....or spend time pampering yourself with a nice steam....or even spending an extra 5 minutes to meticulously apply that extra hydrating conditioner to your hair.  It feels great to take care of yourself!  

It was such a perfect way to wind down after a hectic week at the clinic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails