Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Makoto’s Meltdown at the Shopping Mall – Remedied with a Rare Healthy Snack from the Food Court


Aileen says:
This weekend, Makoto had a meltdown in the middle of Eaton’s Centre. Ok….so it wasn’t as dramatic as I’d want everyone to believe but his nostrils did start flaring as small beads of sweat formed on his forehead. He also kept repeating “get me out of here, get me out of here” in this desperate scary whisper.


I loOOooooOOoooove shopping. It doesn’t matter whether I’m in the flagship Louis Vuitton boutique in Paris or in a random odds and ends store on Yonge Street, I find such pleasure in looking at everything any store has to offer and finding a new treasure. Makoto on the other hand thinks that as long as he has enough underwear to last him a week, he’s set.



As he was starting to lose his patience with me as I dragged him to yet another cosmetics counter to find my perfect peach lip gloss for Spring, I knew I had to either get us out of there (not an option) or quickly feed him a snack.


The mall is packed with mostly empty calorie/highly processed/high sugar/salt/fat snacks, but you will always find a Jugo Juice or other juice bar type franchise. Now, don’t be lured in by their sugary smoothies. Ask them to make you a fresh juice with vegetables and fruit. Makoto’s magic combination was the Veg Max juice from Jugo Juice with extra ginger, apples and beets. This wonderful juice bought me an extra hour of complaint free shopping.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but laugh when I heard the description of Makoto having a breakdown over shopping. I too have these fits of confusion and sweat when shopping with my wife. I was going was away for a few days, so her request was that I come shopping with her but refrain from any complaining and/or full body breakdowns in a store. I was 99% successful, which was quite good, as we had 2 small children with us as well.

    I just came across this blog - thank you.

    Darren - Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darren,
    We must stick together and support one another in these trying circumstances. The more of us that spread the word that we are not just "impatient husbands", and that this is a genetically predisposed condition, the more understanding our wives will be (and hopefully will just decide not invite us to the mall!).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails