Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Lobster Birthday BBQ

I've always loved my birthday. I still remember when I was little, from January 1st, I would mark down the days remaining until my birthday...even though my birthday is at the end of MAY! 150, 149, 148...you get the picture...

Anyhow, I was spoiled this year, as my dear wife hosted a Mexican bash at our house for my birthday. She served amazing Mexican food with organic meat, lots of toppings and healthy sides of guacamole, hummus and salsa. (Thank you, Aileen!).

My friends are very generous with gifts and one of the most unique, amazing and delicious gifts I got this year, was from my good friends, Chris and Lisa. They contacted Aileen ahead of time and surprised me with a dinner of lobster freshly flown in with them from the East Coast (they are pilots and Lisa's home is on the East Coast).


They brought EIGHT lobsters with them, and as Chris is not a big seafood fan, I was fortunate enough to eat his share, and had a gut-busting FOUR whole lobsters to myself! The meat was mouthwateringly sweet and incredible!!

Lisa's dad had pre-boiled the lobsters earlier that day, and I followed Bobby Flay's (the guy annoys me, but man does he know his grill techniques!) method for "Perfectly Grilled Lobsters". Was only about 5 minutes on the grill (after lobsters are boiled), and they turned out outstandingly well.

Seafood on the grill is one of the true pleasures of summer in Canada, and this was definitely an extra special meal. (Thank you Chris and Lisa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails