Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Family Unit - Honor and Love


For the first time in my entire life, I will be spending Christmas without my nuclear family.  My parents, sister and I all have conflicting travel and work plans that collided with our usually family Christmas get together....and I am pretty devastated :(  Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! 

Makoto has been an absolute sweetheart trying to re-create the Christmas that my parents usually do for my sister and me......chocolate advent calendar, cherry candy canes and he surprised me with a special trip to buy our first Christmas tree together!!  Gotta love him :)  



I realized quickly how lucky I am to have my loving hubby and our wonderful "Toronto Family" consisting of fabulous friends and neighbors.  We hope to be blessed with a healthy baby soon but in the meantime, we have our hairy little son, Rambo :) 



We've filled December with lots of get togethers and celebrations....and as much as I will miss spending the holidays with my family and all my flying monkey cousins....I am extremely excited to spend our first Christmas in Toronto!!!

Who do you consider your "family"?  Think of the people in your life....who are those who make you feel wonderful?  Treat you with honor and respect?  Are there to laugh with you when times are great and cry with you when times are not so great?  These people are your family!

It's time for Makoto and I to start traditions of our own......here is the end of our 1st Christmas tree that we are going to turn into an ornament.   Happy December everyone!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails